Join us in Milwaukee – Save the Date!
The Healing Our Waters – Great Lakes Coalition will be releasing the results of a new region-wide poll on Great Lakes issues, discussing how to use the findings in communications work, and updating advocates on the national campaign to restore and protect the Great Lakes on Thursday, December 12, 2019, in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
December 12, 2019
This event will be free and open to HOW Coalition members, partners, and the general community. We’ll be sharing results from our recent regional polling and research, and providing updates on Great Lakes priorities and Coalition strategies. Join us for:
- A briefing on a new regional Great Lakes poll, including attitudes on Great Lakes water issues such as water infrastructure
- Message guidance and general communications training on Great Lakes restoration and protection issues
- Updates from Washington, D.C., on the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and other Great Lakes federal priorities
- Information and strategy about HOW’s Great Lakes Platform for 2020
- Networking with fellow Coalition members, partners, and friends
We hope that you’ll join us for this informative and inspiring event.
We also encourage you to share this invite with other Great Lakes and water advocates who may be interested in attending. Please contact Celia Haven at HavenC@nwf.org, or (734) 887-7123 if you have any questions.
University of Wisconsin
Milwaukee School of Freshwater Sciences Great Lakes Research Facility
600 E Greenfield Avenue, Room 3080
Can’t make it? Worry not! We’ll be holding additional briefings in Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, along with two webinars! Stay tuned for more information.
The HOW Coalition is able to provide a limited number of travel scholarships to attend this event. Scholarships are up to $300 per person to reimburse for travel-related expenses (hotel & ground/air transportation). If you are interested, please contact Celia Haven (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Scholarships are first-come first-served.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Pfister Hotel in downtown Milwaukee for the night of December 11. If you need to stay overnight Please use this link to reserve a room at $179/night