The removal of four small dams in Baldwin Creek restored nine miles of the stream, which flows into Lake Erie near Cleveland. The $506,000 project, funded in part by the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, re-established the creek’s natural flow, removed barriers to fish passage and restored in-stream habitat for fish, including the state-threatened Bigmouth Shiner. Read more here.
- Public Engagement Webinars on the Great Lakes to be held in Early September
- U.S. EPA and Environment Canada to hold Public Engagement Webinars on the Health of the Great Lakes
- Weekly News Roundup: Enbridge Pipeline, Agricultural Runoff, and More
- Early Bird Conference Registration Ends Today
- Funding Opportunity: Coalition Grants Available