A Great Lakes Restoration Initiative grant funded the rehabilitation of an important coastal wetland along Lake Erie. The wetland, which was drained decades ago for agricultural purposes, now provides habitat for birds and other wildlife, as well as a natural filter that reduces the volume of polluted runoff entering Lake Erie. Read more.
- Weekly News Roundup: The GLRI, Harmful Algal Blooms, and More
- Weekly News Roundup: Asian Carp, Farm Bill, and More
- New Infographic Explains Farm Bill Program that Benefits the Great Lakes
- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack Announces Farm Bill Funding to Great Lakes
- Funding Opportunity: NOAA AOC Land Acquisition Grant