A $1.6 million grant from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative helped establish the Lake Erie Bluffs Park, a 139-acre park on the shores of Lake Erie in northeast Ohio. The park permanently protects a stretch of scenic Lake Erie shoreline, along with wetlands and meadows that provide important habitat for 20 rare species of plants and wildlife. Read more here.
- Michigan Community Tackles Stormwater Issues in Their Watershed
- Great Lakes Activists Gather in Grand Rapids, Mich., to Celebrate 10 Years of Restoration Success
- Grand Rapids Area Restoration Success Stories Release Prior to 10th Annual Restoration Conference
- Weekly News Roundup: Aquatic Invasives, Lake Sturgeon, and More
- Environmental, Regional, News Websites and TV Stations to have Unlimited Access to Great Lakes Conference