A $1.6 million grant from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative helped establish the Lake Erie Bluffs Park, a 139-acre park on the shores of Lake Erie in northeast Ohio. The park permanently protects a stretch of scenic Lake Erie shoreline, along with wetlands and meadows that provide important habitat for 20 rare species of plants and wildlife. Read more here.
- Weekly News Roundup: Asian Carp, Harmful Algal Blooms, and More
- Michigan Reps. Sander Levin, John Dingell, Candice Miller, Gary Peters, Dan Benishek, Dan Kildee, and John Conyers Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- New York Reps. Louise Slaughter, Brian Higgins, Richard Hanna, Chris Collins, Charles Rangel, Dan Maffei, and Bill Owens Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Ohio Reps. David Joyce, Marcy Kaptur, Tim Ryan, Steve Stivers, and James Renacci Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Wisconsin Reps. Sean Duffy, Gwen Moore, Ron Kind, and Reid Ribble Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding