A $1.6 million grant from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative helped establish the Lake Erie Bluffs Park, a 139-acre park on the shores of Lake Erie in northeast Ohio. The park permanently protects a stretch of scenic Lake Erie shoreline, along with wetlands and meadows that provide important habitat for 20 rare species of plants and wildlife. Read more here.
- Coalition on Toxic Hotspot Delisting: ‘Federal Investments Working’
- Representatives from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York are the latest to sign on to support the Great Lakes
- Weekly News Roundup: Asian Carp, Harmful Algal Blooms, and More
- Michigan Reps. Sander Levin, John Dingell, Candice Miller, Gary Peters, Dan Benishek, Dan Kildee, and John Conyers Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- New York Reps. Louise Slaughter, Brian Higgins, Richard Hanna, Chris Collins, Charles Rangel, Dan Maffei, and Bill Owens Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding