A $1.6 million grant from the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative helped establish the Lake Erie Bluffs Park, a 139-acre park on the shores of Lake Erie in northeast Ohio. The park permanently protects a stretch of scenic Lake Erie shoreline, along with wetlands and meadows that provide important habitat for 20 rare species of plants and wildlife. Read more here.
- Weekly News Roundup: Lake Pollution, Oil Pipelines, and More
- Weekly News Roundup: Zebra Mussels, Asian Carp, and More
- Action Alert: Urge Your Representative to Sign On to Support EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Funding Opportunity: 2014 GLRI Request for Applications Open
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Outlines Reasons to Support Clean Water Rule