The Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin has been able to improve the efficiency of their buffalo farm by implementing rotational grazing practices and reformatting how the herd accesses water. By making these changes, nearby waterways are protected from nutrient runoff that could cause algal blooms. Read more here.
- U.S. EPA Announces Awards 14 Great Lakes Restoration Grants
- Call for Presentations and Field Trips at the 11th Annual Great Lakes Restoration Conference
- Action Alert: Urge Senators to Support Great Lakes Issues
- Action Alert: Urge Congress to Restore Farm Bill Conservation Funding
- Weekly News Roundup: Microbeads, Algal Blooms, and More