The Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin has been able to improve the efficiency of their buffalo farm by implementing rotational grazing practices and reformatting how the herd accesses water. By making these changes, nearby waterways are protected from nutrient runoff that could cause algal blooms. Read more here.
- Water Protection Rule will be the Subject of Congressional Hearing Next Week
- Act to Authorize the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Gains New Co-Sponors
- Senator Stabenow Elected to Co-Chair Task Force on Great Lakes Issues
- Weekly News Roundup: The GLRI, Harmful Algal Blooms, and More
- Weekly News Roundup: Asian Carp, Farm Bill, and More