- Michigan Reps. Sander Levin, John Dingell, Candice Miller, Gary Peters, Dan Benishek, Dan Kildee, and John Conyers Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- New York Reps. Louise Slaughter, Brian Higgins, Richard Hanna, Chris Collins, Charles Rangel, Dan Maffei, and Bill Owens Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Ohio Reps. David Joyce, Marcy Kaptur, Tim Ryan, Steve Stivers, and James Renacci Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Wisconsin Reps. Sean Duffy, Gwen Moore, Ron Kind, and Reid Ribble Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Illinois Reps. Mike Quigley, Daniel Lipinski, Bobby Rush, and Jan Schakowsky Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition strives to restore the Great Lakes by securing federal funding and policies to stop sewage contamination, halt invasive species, restore habitat, clean up toxic pollution and reduce runoff pollution from farms and cities.
Policy Priorities – 2014
In 2014, the Coalition is focusing on the following federal priorities:
- Funding the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, the marquee federal Great Lakes restoration program, so that people, communities and businesses can benefit from healthy Lakes.
- Funding the Clean Water State Revolving Fund to help communities fix wastewater infrastructure to prevent sewage contamination in the Great Lakes.
- Passing the Great Lakes Ecological and Economic Protection Act to authorize core Great Lakes programs like the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative and to ensure that restoration efforts are prioritized, science-based and transparent.
- Enacting policy to stop Asian carp—and other aquatic invasive species—from traveling between the Great Lakes and Mississippi River and colonizing U.S. waterways.
For more information, contact the Coalition’s policy director, Chad Lord, at email@example.com.
Learn more about how the Coalition is advancing solutions in Washington, D.C., to restore the Great Lakes, protect drinking water, safeguard public health, create jobs and uphold our way of life.
- Read coalition testimony and letters to Congress, the Administration and federal agencies.
- Learn more about annual Great Lakes Day in Washington, D.C.
- Read coalition reports