- Funding Opportunity: Coastal Resilience Grant Program
- Bad Bill Undermining Clean Water Act Protections Passes U.S. House
- Great Lakes Restoration Funding Announced for Minnesota AOC
- Action Alert: Vote Expected Tuesday Threatens the Clean Water Act
- Weekly News Roundup: Harmful Algal Blooms, Nuclear Waste, and More
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition strives to restore the Great Lakes by securing federal funding and policies to stop sewage contamination, halt invasive species, restore habitat, clean up toxic pollution and reduce runoff pollution from farms and cities.
Policy Priorities – 2015
In 2015, the Coalition is focusing on the following federal priorities:
- Funding the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, the marquee federal Great Lakes restoration program, so that people, communities and businesses can benefit from healthy Lakes.
- Funding the Clean Water State Revolving Fund to help communities fix wastewater infrastructure to prevent sewage contamination in the Great Lakes.
- Passing Great Lakes restoration program authorization to ensure that restoration efforts are prioritized, science-based and transparent.
- Support full Farm Bill funding for regional conservation investments in the Great Lakes region.
- Enacting policy to stop Asian carp—and other aquatic invasive species—from traveling between the Great Lakes and Mississippi River and colonizing U.S. waterways.
- Allow the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to protect clean water by finalizing their Waters of the United States rule.
For more information, contact the Coalition’s policy director, Chad Lord, at email@example.com.
Learn more about how the Coalition is advancing solutions in Washington, D.C., to restore the Great Lakes, protect drinking water, safeguard public health, create jobs and uphold our way of life.
- Read coalition testimony and letters to Congress, the Administration and federal agencies.
- Learn more about annual Great Lakes Day in Washington, D.C.
- Read coalition reports