Wisconsin Governor James Doyle (D) has provided E&ETV with an argument for climate change legislation from his state’s perspective. This is a very interesting piece since the Great Lakes state of Wisconsin is a steeped in the manufacturing sector, but there are also a heck of a lot of farms there – the very type of states targeted by opponents of the legislation. In fact, Wisconsin has moved ahead of the Federal government with state legislation that addresses climate change. The Governor also discusses how federal stimulus funds will help build jobs in his state. To view the video or read the transcript go to: http://www.eenews.net/tv/transcript/1012.
- Weekly News Roundup: Asian Carp, Harmful Algal Blooms, and More
- Michigan Reps. Sander Levin, John Dingell, Candice Miller, Gary Peters, Dan Benishek, Dan Kildee, and John Conyers Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- New York Reps. Louise Slaughter, Brian Higgins, Richard Hanna, Chris Collins, Charles Rangel, Dan Maffei, and Bill Owens Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Ohio Reps. David Joyce, Marcy Kaptur, Tim Ryan, Steve Stivers, and James Renacci Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding
- Wisconsin Reps. Sean Duffy, Gwen Moore, Ron Kind, and Reid Ribble Support Maintaining Great Lakes Restoration Funding