Wisconsin Governor James Doyle (D) has provided E&ETV with an argument for climate change legislation from his state’s perspective. This is a very interesting piece since the Great Lakes state of Wisconsin is a steeped in the manufacturing sector, but there are also a heck of a lot of farms there – the very type of states targeted by opponents of the legislation. In fact, Wisconsin has moved ahead of the Federal government with state legislation that addresses climate change. The Governor also discusses how federal stimulus funds will help build jobs in his state. To view the video or read the transcript go to: http://www.eenews.net/tv/transcript/1012.
- Weekly News Roundup: Microbeads, Watershed Restoration, and More
- U.S. EPA Awards more than $8 Million in GLRI Funding to Fight Invasive Species
- Action Alert: Urge Your Representative to Sign On to Restore GLRI Funding
- Great Lakes Day 2015 Begins!
- Great Lakes Supporters in D.C. to Urge Continued Congressional Support for Restoration Efforts