Wisconsin Governor James Doyle (D) has provided E&ETV with an argument for climate change legislation from his state’s perspective. This is a very interesting piece since the Great Lakes state of Wisconsin is a steeped in the manufacturing sector, but there are also a heck of a lot of farms there – the very type of states targeted by opponents of the legislation. In fact, Wisconsin has moved ahead of the Federal government with state legislation that addresses climate change. The Governor also discusses how federal stimulus funds will help build jobs in his state. To view the video or read the transcript go to: http://www.eenews.net/tv/transcript/1012.
- Funding Opportunity: Coalition Implementation Grants Available
- Committee to Consider Important Great Lakes Bill
- Funding Opportunity: Sustain Our Great Lakes Habitat Restoration Grants
- Federal Budget Advances Key Great Lakes Priorities, Will Benefit Millions of People
- Funding Opportunity: Habitat Restoration Partnerships at U.S. Areas of Concern