- Great Lakes Day 2015 Begins!
- Weekly News Roundup: GLRI, Harmful Algal Blooms, and More
- Coalition Supports New Great Lakes Bill
- Coalition Announces Grants for Groups to Participate in Great Lakes Restoration Efforts
- Action Alert: Contact Your Representative, Ask them to Sign On to Support the Great Lakes
More than 30 million people depend on the Great Lakes for their drinking water, and millions more benefit from the commerce and business that depends on the waters of the Great Lakes.
Today, the health of our Lakes is seriously threatened by problems such as untreated sewage and invasive species. Unless America invests in the lakes these problems will get worse and the price we pay will be higher.
The Great Lakes restoration action plan is a multi-year strategy to: modernize sewage treatment, clean-up polluted harbors, restore wetlands, and prevent unwanted, new species from invading the lakes. Each of these steps is essential if we are to restore the lakes and revive our economy.
We must act now to restore this great American resource. Every day we wait, the problems get worse and the solutions get more costly.